Saturday, May 07, 2005

What the #$&%!

Did you see the third comment posted below? Yep, it's PATRICK Gilday! Patrick "I don't write my first-year novice brothers because I'm so busy attending to the needs of the sick and dying" Gilday. Well, better late than never.

It is because of Patrick's dereliction of duty that I shall inaugurate a new saying. Instead of "What the Hell?" we will now say "What the Gilday." I guess it's sort of like "sam hell" or "samhill" or whatever it is people say out here in the West. So when you're caught in traffic and some jerk cuts you off, don't cry out "What the hell is wrong with you!?!?!" Instead, cry out "What the Gilday is wrong with you!?!?!"

It has a nice ring to it, I think.

Thanks for writing, Patrick. See what I do if you send me a whole email....

Cheers!

2 comments:

Incredimom said...

Ok, I tried it. I said "What the gilday are you doing, honey?" When he didn't help me carry in the groceries. It didn't fly very well, and then I had to explain the term Gilday... we'll see if he catches on and says it tomorrow :)

henry said...

Well Ryan after talking to you on the phone yesterday, I don't think you need nor deserve a full-fledged email from me. Especially since you ditched me when your mom called. What the Gilday is that about?!!!!!
p.s. I'm usually pretty good at carrying groceries. I'm sorry my name did not have the desired effect Incredimom!

Flute playing priest finds YouTube fame