Monday, May 30, 2005

Congratulations!

Just a quick note to wish Michael and Brian English an exuberant CONGRATULATIONS on their success at the Akron and Cleveland feiseanna.

Michael won the senior championship instrumental and also won the "Maureen McLaughlin Music Scholarship Award." This is an award given to the best overall performer in all of the music competitions...an award I won two years in a row back in 1993 and 1994!! Brian tied for first with (from what I hear) an absolutely amazing fiddle player in the junior championship instrumental.

Such success means only one thing: they must be given more work to do! I'll spend my day (after I write and deliver a homily at 11:00 this morning) researching new and exotic tunes for them to learn.

No comments:

Flute playing priest finds YouTube fame