Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Update

So I went to the emergency room after I posted this morning, owing to the terrible pain in my stomach that kept me up a good bit of last night. The doctors seem to think that I've a pretty nasty infection and that it'll take a good week to clear it up. The details of my ailments are pretty gross, so I'll spare you from hearing them, but thanks to everyone who has written/called. I hate feeling sick in the first place and being away from home and loved ones makes it even harder. I'm glad I'll be back in just over two weeks!

If I can get to it this evening, I'll post my own recipe for Bailey's Irish Cream sauce. It's a pretty cool concoction that was *AWESOME* over a chocolate mousse pie I made yesterday.

That's really about it. I'm giving a workshop tonight to CCD teachers on the importance of structure in the classroom. Ryan and Structure...those two match really well. Tomorrow I'm doing communion calls all morning, giving another workshop to CCD teachers by teaching a real live 6th grade class, and then I'm giving a talk to a local parish's 6-12th grade CCD students.

If you've a mind to do so, please say a prayer for Michael and Brian English as they head to St Louis this weekend to represent Cleveland at the Mid-Western Fleadh. They've been working very hard for this event and they can certainly use our prayer and support.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heys Duns,

I can't believe that your not banished from the order yet. I guess they haven't found the real you yet. I thought they would have investigated you more since you did show up with an accordion, that there is a dead give away to being a terrorist. Well just thought I drop you a line, hope all is well. Keep the Faith.

Brian B.
Feismusic19082@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Have you consulted the local witch doctor? Should we chant? Should we sit around a campfire and smoke something? Should we make some type of sacrifice? Let us know what we must do to make you healthy again.

Nancy Loren

henry said...

Ryan!
Had dinner with Denis and he filled me in on your health situation! I am so sorry! My health issues began on short experiment last year so I can relate somewhat. Know that you are in my prayers! Have you considered coming back to Detroit?
Peace, Patrick

Flute playing priest finds YouTube fame