Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Storm has Passed

On Saturday I had the joyful privilege of watching my sister - Torrey Duns - marry Brian Holleran. So my first order is to offer my sincerest congratulations and best wishes to Brian and Torrey Holleran (Mrs. Holleran!!) as they embark for their honeymoon. 

When I go home this afternoon (I'm writing this from Bruegger's Bagels. Grandma Hagan's house does laundry, it does not do internet) I will upload some pictures from the wedding. 

I've been to a good few weddings in my day, and I'll say this: this was the most fun I've ever had at a wedding. The food was delicious, the crowd was in great spirits (both literally and figuratively), and we had great music. Again, I'll post pictures later today.

My own travels begin on Friday. I'll be playing at the Irish Fair in Los Angeles and then I'll head down to San Francisco for a few days. I'm coming back to Ohio for two feiseanna and then BACK to San Francisco until the end of July. I'll be, as I may have mentioned before, at the Mercy Center where I'll continue my study of spiritual direction. 

Now, as many readers know, I have struggled for several years with a medical condition that has caused me no end of irritation. I've been to numerous doctors who have all given me varying diagnoses, so I want to call special attention to Dr. Michael Lewis. Dr. Lewis FINALLY gave me a diagnosis of the problem and also treated me for some pretty severe allergies. I mention him by name because he is also a very fine musician and if you follow the link above, you can visit his website and, should you be so moved, buy his CD. I'd recommend doing so!


In other news:

My alma mater, Saint Ignatius High School, runs a program for soon-to-be 8th graders each summer called the Summer Enrichment Program. My cousin Liam is enrolled in it this summer. The other night, trying to be a supportive cousin, I asked him about whether or not he was excited to be in the SEP. When he told me that he was indifferent, I told him that I had had a good time when I did it. His response pierced me to the very core of my being: "Yeah, but you did it in the 90's. Things are different now." 

The 90's are now a benchmark of old? Truth be told, I did do the SEP 15 years ago. But dissin' the 90's?!?! 

I'm going to take my fiber now.


No comments:

Flute playing priest finds YouTube fame