And he's off!
Tonight begins my marathon of travel for the summer. In this order (and subjected to a few additions) I will be:
- Leaving tonight for Los Angeles where I will play a 2-day feis in Irvine
- Flying from LA to San Francisco on Monday
- Staying in SF until Friday, when I'll fly to Dayton and Cincinnati for their feis
- Returning to SF for two weeks
- Going to Denver the second weekend of July
- Two weeks later, I may or may not take another feis
- Fly from SF to LA, and then LA to Cleveland (On August 1st)
- August 3rd I'll fly from Cleveland to Chicago, get picked up at the airport, and then drive to Omena for summer villa
- Post-Omena, I'm playing two feises (Windsor and Lansing) and then coming home to Cleveland. That week I'm having a medical procedure done and going to my cousin's wedding
- Then, finally, I'll return to New York
Now this does not include any day trips I take while in SF.
I should mention that my travels do have an apostolic purpose:
- I love playing for Irish dancers, and I think a lot of them appreciate the fact that I'm a Jesuit and it, in general, intrigues them.
- I'm in San Francisco this summer to study Spiritual Direction at the Mercy Center in Burlingame
Ok, that's it for now. Grandma Hagan is doing my laundry (did I remind her that I like Downy rather than Bounce??) and I need to finish my coffee (at Bruegger's) and go back, pack, and go say goodbye to the family.