Saturday, September 01, 2007

Is it time for school yet?

Before I head off to Mass, I thought I'd post a quick update. Since I've not really done anything of note this last week - read a few books, bought an exercise ball, napped - there's not been much to blog about. With classes resuming on Wednesday, however, I expect to have more to kvetch about within the next week!

I'm having a little dinner get-together for some friends tonight. On the menu:

Mixed greens salad with bleu cheese crumbles and cranberries
Four-Cheese Orzo with Fresh Basil
Lemon-Pepper Chicken with gravy served over grilled herbed-polenta
Garlic/Spinach/Parmesan stuffed Portobello mushrooms

and, for dessert, we have caramel brownies a la mode.

It's not necessarily a spectacular meal, but I'm hoping for it to be fun and tasty. I found some frozen imitation crab meat that I'd like to turn into some sort of appetizer dip, but that's only if I can find the time.

While we're on the topic of recipes, let me encourage one and all to check out JesuitRecipes.
An approved ministry of the SMMSJ (Society of Mothers of Members of the Society of Jesus) this site has been updated quite a few times recently and I think many will be pleased with the selection of recipes available.

I should like to mention, while I'm bringing folks up to speed, that they can expect the Intermediate Series for Fordham's Introduction to the Irish Tin Whistle Course
within the next week for so. We taped three of them on Thursday and, when Drew returns from camping, he'll edit them and have them posted online. These videos are less "technical instruction" and more "affective encouragement" about how one takes the notes of the tune and transforms them into music.

1 comment:

testsjmg said...

Don't think your current fixation with cranberries has gone unnoticed.

-J.

Flute playing priest finds YouTube fame