A Cut Above

It is with a great deal of pain that I type this. Agony, really, so I shall be short. In addition to the bruised ribs that I earned the other night while praying (for those of you who didn't read the post below, I engage in full-contact prayer) I have yet another new injury.

You see, several weeks ago I ordered a beautiful set of Calphalon knives. Gorgeous blades, really, and while they certainly aren't executive chef quality they are still an enormous improvement over our other utensils.

So I was preparing supper last night when, in a fit of magnanimity, I decided to slice some apples for the baked Brie I had prepared. In the midst of slicing (oh so easily, thanks to the knife) I basically removed a really good portion of my thumb. I can only imagine how much more exponentially painful it would have been had I used a dull knife so, I reckon I'm a mite bit lucky that I had a lovely new knife to take a nice hunk of skin off of my finger.

Moral of the story: Calphalon knives are excellent. Should you desire to: 1. Chop your vegetables well; 2. Slice easily through large hunks of meat; or 3. Amputate a limb easily, I'd suggest buying a set.

So that's it for now. I should have gotten stitches (it bled for a long time) but I'm stubborn and didn't want to be bothered. It'll be fine in a week or so, I'd bet, so no worries. It just means that I'll not be playing "Where is Thumb-kin" any time soon...unless I want to have a disfigured Thumbkin (Here I am! Here I am! How are you today, sir? Very well I thank you, run away, run away).

Oh Lord - I've regressed to pre-school.

Actually, I never got much beyond it.

Cheers!
8 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Literal or Literalist? Yes, Catholics DO take the Bible Literally!

The Liturgy is Useless, Not Pointless

A Disney Easter