Friday, November 11, 2005

Home on a Friday Night

I can tell I'm getting old because it's Friday night and I'm glad to be home for the evening. I remember the old days of boarding planes and spending evenings talking the politics of Irish dancing, only to stay up too late and wake up far too early to play for thousands of Irish dancers at the feis, go out to dinner, and talk more of Irish dancing.

I don't miss that part at all.

Not much to say, really. My professor liked the paper I wrote proposing a narrative context against to situation the debate concerning ordinary and extraordinary means of treatment for persons in persistent vegetative states. It's a mouthful, to be sure, but he liked it well enough to suggest that I send it off for publication. So I spent the better part of my afternoon putting a few touch-ups on the essay.

Tomorrow morning I'm running TWO miles. Yeah, it's far away from the goal of 13 miles, but please recall that I am by no means a runner and two miles will be something of a stretch. Know, however, that my three 1-mile runs this week grew progressively easier and I'm pretty confident that I'll have no need for a crash-cart to follow me on my run tomorrow morning.

So that's the news. Nothing terribly exciting - I expect it to be a quiet weekend here at Jesuit camp. This means, of course, that something catastrophic is bound to happen rendering my hope for peace and quiet a far-distant and blissful (yet unfulfilled) memory.

Ok, time to watch FoodTV or something.

OOHH! Taco Bell Tacos (when made 'fresca') are actually quite tasty and have not too much fat in them. They're surely not as healthy as rice-cakes (which I ate enough of when I was in Weight Watchers) but they're still pretty all right. Try them some time.

No comments:

Flute playing priest finds YouTube fame