Monday, February 13, 2006

Back to the Daily Grind

After a wonderful trip to Nashville for their fifth feis (I've played four out of the five, having missed last year) I now return to 'CPE World'. I just wanted to put a quick post letting people know that I had a good time at the feis and, while it's not relaxing in the "oh, I'm so refreshed and relaxed" sort of way, it does refresh the spirit to spend time with others who love their Irish cultural heritage and find a way of expressing it through music and dance.

Shot out to Rosemary, Jacki, and Wendy!!

Today begins week seven of CPE. That means 21 group session which is about 73-75 hours of sharing feelings. While my "wheel o'feelings" has certainly expanded, I find the best part of my education (as I have indicated before) comes through direct contact with patients, families, and staff.
I'll try to write more this week. I'm leaving in several minutes that I might spend an hour in the gym, go to our Monday morning staff prayer/meeting, and then I'll go and visit patients until Mass at noon. After that I do a few more visits and this week - if my memory serves me correctly - we will be talking about our families during group. The WHOLE family - aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, etc.. Mine will be an epic presentation akin to Roots.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pleasee be kind--remember YOUR mother also has a heart!
Mam

Flute playing priest finds YouTube fame