Thursday, March 03, 2011

Longing for Lent

After the most travel-packed February I've faced in many years (two consecutive trips to Ohio, a five-day trip to Mackinac Island to give a retreat, and then a journey to Atlanta for a feis), I find these first days of March find me rather tired. Last night, I fell asleep at 9:30 pm and woke up this morning at 5:45...a lot of sleep, by my standards, and a reminder that this upcoming weekend needs to furnish some time for relaxation.

For the first time in my life, I find that I'm actually excited for Lent to begin. One thought I've been kicking around is as follows: I'd like to invite several of my students to be guest contributors to the blog, writing 1-paragraph reflections on the Gospel reading for each day of Lent. These reflections I would post up here on the blog, allowing them to be a mini-retreat for readers who want to take a moment out of their day to hear how a member of the "Control-F Generation" finds God in his (as this is an all-boys school) life.

Flute playing priest finds YouTube fame