Wednesday, April 01, 2009

April 1st!

So I am officially registered for the 2009 Cleveland Marathon to be run on May 17th.

And no, this is not an April Fool's Day prank!

After months of training and anticipation, I paid the registration fee today and set my fate in stone: I am now committed to running 26.2 miles. Training has gone well and I'm presently up to 18-miles, with the goal being a long 20-mile run sometime in the next few weeks. Between running and doing Cross-Fit, I think I'm in the best shape of my life!

There's still no word about regency. As soon as I hear - and we expect to hear during Holy Week - I will post something about where I'll be and what I'll probably be doing. 

As the semester draws to a close, I'm really mired in finishing up some projects. I just completed my final English paper and I've commenced work on my research paper for Transcendental Thomism. I'm also preparing for my oral comprehensive exam in philosophy (May 6th). 

So please be patient and know that I will return to active blogging very soon!


2 comments:

testsjmg said...

If there is ever a Jesuit Celtic punk band, I humbly suggest "Transcendental Thomism" as an album title.

Seriously, many prayers for your exams, marathon and regency.

AMDG,

-J.

Tim Irish said...

Much admiration that a once-chubby teen is now a serious marathoner. I shall pray for your triumph--in both completion of the race and in time. You young members of The Society must be the hardest working men on earth. I'm gladdened my perceived call to vocation long ago was a misdialed number--I was even lazier back in those days than in these.

Flute playing priest finds YouTube fame