Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I'll adMITT it!

So in addition to procuring a handy new rosary, I also bought something totally out of character for me: a baseball mitt.

For some reason I've been persuaded to be on the Blaqrobes Intramural softball team. Comprised mostly of Jesuits, we play our first game tonight against the Ram Van crew (they drive the shuttles here at Fordham).

This may come as a surprise to many, but I do know which end of a bat to swing. (The skinny end with a rubber grip). I don't move very quickly (or gracefully) and I'm hoping to play catcher - I make a decent backstop, even if my catching isn't great.

I do not operate with any great delusion about being a good baseball player (note: I operate with very many delusions, but this is not one of them). I figure it'll be a lot of fun to play with the other guys and to get more exercise. Perhaps we'll manage a team photo that I'll be able to share!

No comments:

Flute playing priest finds YouTube fame