Sunday, November 19, 2006

Weekend Update

I can't believe it's been a week since I last posted! Time sure is flying by.

It really has been a busy week. I've been trying to get a lot of work done before I head off to Chicago this weekend for the Mid-American Oireachtas. I'm amazed that I'm not more nervous than I am - I guess I'm getting used to playing "high pressured" gigs again. I've also been busy teaching my one-on-one music students and preparing to teach my "Intro to the Irish Tin Whistle" course next semester (as of Friday, I have 19 students registered and the sophomores and first years still have to sign up for classes). I'm also going to direct a student in the Irish Studies program as she does research into the tin whistle.

Happy 17th Birthday to Michael English. His birthday is on the 15th so I hope he accepts this belated greeting.

Things are going pretty well otherwise. I'll probably not post anything new until after I come back next week, so please don't worry that I've given up blogging. If I could find my tin whistle (I seem to have lost it) I'd record another tune for YouTube!

Speaking of YouTube, if you check out my "favorites" you'll see some very cool videos of a community of Benedictine nuns. I think it is AWESOME that they are using YouTube to spread their message, so if you're so inclined, check them out! Here's one of their videos!

No comments:

Flute playing priest finds YouTube fame