Sunday, March 26, 2006

A Bad Day to Start Yoga...

So I decided, in the spirit of discovery, to try my hand...or body...at yoga. So I went to the fitness center and really got one heck of a good workout on Saturday morning.

Big Mistake.

I am so sore right now that I can't hardly sit. In addition, I've been completely busy: we had the dreaded "Triple Red" Trauma combo (bad car accident) followed by a death, a gang member who wanted to talk about feelings, two lonely patients, a patient who had to be intubated, a woman who has decided to seek no further treatment, a man who speaks no English and who had to be restrained in the trauma bay, and finally the "Code Plaid" mother of a "Code Argyll" son.

I've had no rest, I'm sore, and I'm really hungry.

God, I love working here!

So nothing really of great worth to report. It was a very peaceful week, so I'm grateful for that. I'm heading out to Denver in mid-April (Week after Easter) to spend a few days with Anne Hall and to play her feis. I return to the novitiate on May 6th, so I'm growing acutely aware that my time here in Chicago is waning.

Anyway, I need to do some charting of my visits for the evening, write a bereavement card, and maybe, just maybe, I'll take a nap. I don't know that it will matter much...the cafeteria opens in 45 minutes and for sixty cents I can buy a delicious Styrofoam cup of oatmeal. It's the little things in life that make it worth living!

No comments:

Flute playing priest finds YouTube fame