Saturday, April 09, 2005

God Bless the English!

Hi all,

Just a quick shout-out to Mike and Brian English. Yet again, they have surpassed my OWN FAMILY by sending me a wonderful Pez dispenser and a great card. Brian even earned an A+ in religion - a feat of its own, I'd say. These guys are getting ready for the Fleadh, so if you'd be so kind as to remember them in your prayers over the next few weeks, I'd appreciate it. For those of you who don't know, the Fleadh is the Regional Irish Music Championships that qualify the first and second place winners in each region to represent their region at the All-Ireland championships held in August.

**Mike and Brian, I've actually found a few more tunes for you guys and, as soon as I have the time, I'll phone you and let you know what they are. Some good reels and jigs, I'd say.**

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan,

It's Heather Lavin. You're mom told me about the site and of course, I had to come and check it out. Hope all is well and you're in god health and everything.

Now, stupid question about the fleadh. Since I will be there, what compitions are the competing in because I think my branch had about 30-40 kids competing in it, so with all my running around- I could probably find Brian and Mike. (if they are doing the MidWest Fleadh in St. Louis and not the one in New York)

Hope to talk to you soon~
Heather

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather!

Good to hear from you. They're in u-12 whistle and 15-18 whistle. Go and support them!

Flute playing priest finds YouTube fame