Thursday, April 14, 2005

Apocalypse?

Is this the end-of-times? Is the end upon us?

My mother sent me a package.

It is a wonderful gift of fine Irish chocolates - Flake bars, Crunchies, and Maltese. Believe me, folks, this is good stuff and I can say with impunity that, were I ever to move to Ireland, I'd be morbidly obese from eating such fine confections.

I think this was my mom's attempt to make up for YEARS of not sending me an Easter basket. Well, Mother, it won't work: the package was delivered in a brown box that was decidedly un-like a basket. Better luck next year, but keep on trying.

I'm thinking that perhaps I will do a Jesuit Recipe website. I think it'd be kind of fun and, God knows, it would give me something to do. I'll look into it next week...I'm going to do a little R&R this weekend so I'll be quite unavailable.

Tonight for dinner I made Chicken Parmasean (sweet recipe that I'll share later) along with Garlic Bread and a Salad. Dessert was a Dark Chocolate Mousse topped with whipped cream and a cherry with 1/3 of a flake bar protruding from the top. The milk-chocolate of the Flake contrasted nicely with the dark chocolate smoothness of the mousse. It was very fine.

If I were on FoodTV, I'd be obliged to say "it tasted great" using a strange turn of phrase to show how erudite and learned I was in the ways of food. Rather than "it tasted great" I might liken the experience to "gustatory rape" or "dance of joy in my mouth" or "a symphony of jubilant exultation." You get the idea. I'll just say that the food was tasty and leave it at that.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend and I'll post again on Tuesday!

Cheers,

Ryan

No comments:

Flute playing priest finds YouTube fame