Thursday, April 08, 2010

A Jesuit's Introduction to the Tin Whistle: The Wild Rover

The Fordham tin whistle series, as I look back on it, ended on March 31, 2008. After two years, I thought it time to breathe new life into the endeavor so I'm starting a new series: "A Jesuit's Introduction to the Whistle."

Here's the first posting, cross-posted with my other blog.

As promised, I'm uploading my first new teaching video. Below I've typed out the letters. Please be aware: Bold Face Notes mean that you blow harder. Also, I'll indicate at the beginning whether the C is played with two fingers (0xx000 or C-natural) or if it is played with all fingers off (000 000 or C-sharp). All of the F notes, unless otherwise indicated, are F-Sharp.





The Wild Rover (C's in this tune are C-natural, so 0xx 000)


G-G-A-G-E-D


B-B-A-B-C


BCD B-D-C-A-F-D-B-A-G


G-G-A-G-E-D


B-B-A-B-C


B-C-D-B-D-C-A-F-D-B-A-G


Chorus


F-G-A A F-D


B-B-B-A-B-C


BCD B-G-F-E


E-D-B-A-G

No comments:

Flute playing priest finds YouTube fame