Friday, April 16, 2010

A Lull

After last week's flurry of posts, the business of teaching has rendered me somewhat silent. I'm generally in the building by 7:10 each morning and, of late, I've not been home until 5:00 pm which is just in time for Mass and dinner. After that there's always something: lesson planning, lacrosse games, baseball games, planning a rally, sending out a TON of emails, working with Jesuit candidates, etc..

Oh, for the halcyon days of Spring Break! While some prefer to go to Tijuana or Florida, I'd prefer to be able to blog while I drink my coffee.


I'm heading off to Denver tonight to play for my 10th straight "Feile Denver." In 2001, Anne Hall invited me to Denver while I was a junior in college. I've come out to play at this feis ever since and, in the process, found in Anne one of my closest friends. Even though I don't look forward to traveling today - truth be told, I just want to sleep! - I'm very excited to be with friends in Denver...even if it is only for a night.

I'll try to post again soon but know that next week is even busier than this one: we have the Archbishop coming for an all-school celebration of the Eucharist on Thursday and the rally I'm helping to plan is on Friday. I also need to do things like pray, go to mass, plan for classes, and grade papers/tests. As tired as I've been each night, I can say this: it's worth it. I've never been happier in my Jesuit life and I still look forward to going to work each day. That's grace enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes you just have to give it a good "AMDG!" and get back to work.

Flute playing priest finds YouTube fame