Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

I wish I could say that I'll be handing out candy to trick-or-treaters tonight, but I think instead I'll be staying in doors, recovering from a cold. It came upon me suddenly yesterday and today I've been beset with a sore throat and a runny nose. 

Alas.

I feel like a blogging deadbeat. But there's really nothing interesting to report from my end: we're heading into the home stretch of the semester and I'm feeling very confident. I'm sort of excited to begin preparations for this years Thanksgiving Feast -- I have chosen the wine already and I've begun to sketch out the exact nature of the menu. 

Say a prayer for Drew Marquard, SJ who will be running the New York City Marathon on Sunday. Afflicted with a cold or not, I and a number of other guys from the house will be going down to cheer him on. Truth be told, I like my part of the marathon best: I get to stand with a tasty beverage (Starbucks, I should think) in hand, waiting for Drew to run by so that I can scream his name for 2.3 seconds. 

Say a prayer and have a great weekend - and, if I can do so, I'll put up some post-marathon pictures come Sunday.  

2 comments:

jane said...

Hey, you know Emily and her husband John are running it too, right?

Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Duns,
Of course I will say a prayer for your comrad's forbearance and success and, while I admire your turning out to cheer him on, you could at least do your part and hand out water to the runners...Scratch that--you don't want to pass that cold on. I myself am just out of the hospital from a bout with pneumonia, and suddenly I am pretty neurotic about hand washing, etc.; I still don't know if I'd drink water from any public place just yet. It's great to have you blogging again--the Halloween pictures are way too cute. Best, Tim

Flute playing priest finds YouTube fame