Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Traditional Irish Music Lessons

I just wanted to take a moment to plug the new website for Brian Holleran's (my soon-to-be brother-in-law) music school


Ciunas.org

Located in Cleveland, Ohio this music school promises to be a great asset to Irish culture in the area. With instruction available on tin whistle, flute, and uilleann pipes and, starting in 2008, on the fiddle, banjo, and concertina this school of traditional Irish music will help to promote Irish music and culture in Cleveland.

If you are interested in learning more, follow the link above or visit the Ciunas myspace page. As any reader of my blog knows, Irish music has been an integral part of my life's journey and I'm proud to know that a member of my family will be sharing his deep love of his culture with another generation of musicians who will, I pray, benefit as much as I have in being a part of traditional Irish music.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan!

I see Ciunas is over at P.J. McIntyre's...didn't they just open? Is that Brian's pub? I'll have to stop by some time!

Hope all's well!
-Chuck

Unknown said...

I noticed that your videos are no longer on youtube... are you getting out of the online tin whistle instruction...

Someone Critique said...

Music experiences can be an effective way to stimulate speech development, provide organization for cognitive and motor development, and create a meaningful environment for socialization.
rock bands list

Flute playing priest finds YouTube fame