Friday, May 20, 2011

Is The World Going to End on Saturday?

Updated on 5/20 at 11:12 EST: the short answer is NO!

In case you hadn't heard already, the world is slated to end on Saturday. At least, based on calculations encoded in the Bible and predicated of the world's being only several thousand years old, that's the "prophecy" about to be fulfilled. The New York Times is carrying a story about it today.

Nearly a decade ago, the "Left Behind" books made a big splash here in the States. Perhaps they were meant to help prepare people for tomorrow's spectacular return of Jesus Christ (an event I'm waiting for, too, but I haven't the foggiest idea of when it will come...so I try to be prepared for his return each day). After reading the article in the New York Times, the cynical part of me has one response: a new publishing venture if I'm one of those 'left behind' after the rapture. If tomorrow the rapture takes place and and I am still here, start looking at the shelves of your local bookstore to find my book, Glad They're Gone. 







1 comment:

Don said...

I am still here, as is my X Wife... Guess neither of us made the Rapture!

Don
http://exposeyourblog.com

Flute playing priest finds YouTube fame