Friday, December 12, 2008

May he rest in peace...

This morning I learned that the eminent Jesuit theologian and churchman Avery Cardinal Dulles has entered into eternal life.

I would ask that you pray that for the Cardinal and for those who have loved him and have been taught by him. With over 30 books, scores of articles, and innumerable students over a long and distinguished career, your prayers are assured of a wide net.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and may perpetual light shine upon him; may his soul and all souls, through the mercy of our loving God, rest in peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Ryan. I came your way via your pennywhistle tutorial page ... Many thanks for that and for this blog.

I haven't had a chance yet to do more than scan the article through the link below, but since it has to do with the cardinal, I thought you might find it interesting:

http://ncrcafe.org/node/2340

John C.
Washington, D.C.

Flute playing priest finds YouTube fame