Monday, December 17, 2007

Over the Hump

Well it's been a long time in coming: the days of leisure are now upon me! I finished my last paper on Friday and, since then, I have:

-gone to the movies to see "The Mist"
-visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art
-napped a lot
-begun reading a book I have to review for the Heythrop Journal

It's really amazing that the semester is over. It's not that it necessarily went very quickly, but now that it's over there's only one week until Christmas. I feel as though I've been rushed these last few weeks and I'm sort of sad that I haven't had time to savor more of the holiday spirit.

I guess I'll have to do a lot of 'savoring' when I get home on Thursday.

On a Jesuit-Formation note: do you realize that I'm now 1/2 way through my First Studies program? Three years seemed like a long time when I began but now, 50% of the way through, I realize how little time it is. I feel like I've grown by leaps and bounds these last semesters and I feel academically and spiritually stronger than ever.

So that's my little update for today. Although my papers are finished, I still have two classes to attend...including one later this afternoon.

There've been few posts these last few weeks and I figure that's because nothing particularly interesting has happened. Rest assured: my family is, at the very least, interesting and I'm certain there will be loads of stories (some sure to elicit smiles, some sure to draw winces, the majority sure to lead to tears and wailing).

No comments:

Flute playing priest finds YouTube fame