Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day

Okay, so I've had a lot to think about tonight. As you may know, I posted earlier (a post I have since removed) that I had received several anonymous messages that completely misconstrued and misunderstood my post. Consequently, I disabled the "comment" features for fear of further escalation.

As I thought about it, however, I just don't see such a move as helping things. People are entitled to have an opinion and I do welcome them to voice it. I just don't like anonymous posts - I reckon that I'm pretty much out in the open and that my interlocutor ought to be as well.

As I said earlier, my friend Jane and I had lunch today to celebrate Valentine's Day. I had French toast and she had a grilled cheese and we drank coffee and spoke of Heidegger and Wittgenstein and Augustine. That's about as much fun as two celibate twenty-somethings get to have on an ersatz holiday intended to sell lots of candies, lingerie, and expensive jewelry.

In other news, stay tuned to WhistleThis and YouTube. Drew and I shot three more videos today all in my kickin' pinstripe suit: after only seven lessons, students will be able to play the most important ornaments on the whistle! Lesson 8 introduces students to "The Silver Spear" which is a very common reel played at sessions. Having covered the basics of whistle playing, the remaining lessons will attempt to pull together what has been taught as we learn new tunes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ryan,

I missed the post that you removed...I must admit I'm a bit curious...if you feel so inclined, shoot me an e-mail at yostsa@gmail.com.

Flute playing priest finds YouTube fame