Monday, August 28, 2006

On Your Mark, Get Set, Go!

I'm just back from a weekend spent at the Jogues Retreat house in Cornwall, NY. There the Ciszek Hall community was able to gather in order to have time for faith sharing and socializing. I'm deeply honored to be counted among such a talented pool of men and I look forward to spending the next few years here at Ciszek.

Now, let's start: Kudos to Michael and Brian English who will be returning today from their first trip to Ireland. The boys represented (well, I might add) the USA at the Fleadh this past weekend. Although neither returns with a medal (this year) I'm at a loss for words to express how proud I am of each of them. Medals are nice, but they collect dust; memories, which they have many, last forever and will nourish their music in ways unimaginable. So boys, welcome home and get to bed...you've school in the morning!

Speaking of school, my own classes begin this week. I'll be taking Plato, Aristotle, Theological Anthropology, and German. I'm definitely going to have a lot of work to do this semester, but I think I'll manage. Drew Marquard and I are together for three of the four classes (he's taking Greek instead of German) so the Detroit Province will be represented well in our classes.

A package with two CD's of pictures arrived today, so I'm going to sort through them and post a few online. If I can find a way to use another website to host my pictures, I'll put a link up to that as well.

No comments:

Flute playing priest finds YouTube fame