Tuesday, July 02, 2013

The Month Ahead

After the fun evening shared on Saturday, it has been decided that we'll be hosting another gathering in the very near future. Keeping with our social-justice theme, we seem to have settled on sampling wines, available for under $20.00, under the heading "Preferential Option for the Pour." At some point we'll do a beer-tasting, too, but we'll commend that patronage to Edith "Beer" Stein, known to many as Saint Teresia Benedicta of the Cross. Beer tasting will trade under the name "My Cup Overflows."

These next few weeks are busy, although in a way different from the hectic music schedule that has governed my life for the last two months. I'm moving toward the end of the summer German course and plan on taking the final exam in about fifteen days. I will also be presenting a paper - "The Lord Has Made All Things: Creatio Ex Nihilo and the Ecological Imagination" at the University of Northern Iowa. You can find the paper abstract by following this link.

All things considered, this is a pretty relaxing month. At the end of the month I'll head to Colorado for my annual retreat and then, in August, I'll go back to Cleveland to see my family.

Blog updated, I need to go and translate some German!

No comments:

Flute playing priest finds YouTube fame