Wednesday, August 15, 2007

8 Things About Me

Alan, a fellow blogger from Thoughts on the Journey has invited me to post eight facts or habits about me that (I guess) people don't already know. Here are the rules:

"The rules are simple…Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog."

1. Fact: I am a Jesuit
2. Habit: When I'm at home in Cleveland, I go for bagels and coffee every morning.
3. Fact: I play and teach Irish music
4. Habit: I still put "A.M.D.G." (For the Greater Glory of God) on every paper I write...we were told to do so in high school (St. Ignatius) and its a habit I've maintained.
5. Fact: I love to cook. I want to write a cookbook for desserts called "Dessert Mysticism"
6. Habit: I buy more books than I can ever possibly read. I've gotten better at this as a Jesuit (I haven't the money to buy an excessive number of books) but it's still a struggle!
7. Fact: I had six wisdom teeth! Two on the bottom, four on the top.
8. Habit: On long car rides, I pray the rosary to stay awake.

I'm going to break the rules and invite anyone who would like to do so to pick up this challenge and write 8 things about him/herself.

4 comments:

testsjmg said...

Um...WHAT leads you to believe that people were unaware of items #1 and #3?

-J.

opdsgt said...

Good gravy! Where did you learn to play that thing like that? Wow, I'm seriously impressed, that is God given talent to be sure. I close my eyes and I picture any number of period movies (Braveheart anyone?).

God bless, father.

Jeff
DefendUsInBattle.org

Karen said...

And yet I saw Charlie mentioned nowhere... But then, I guess that's not an unknown fact.

I'm taking you up on it. Are you back in NY yet?

Karen said...

I accepted your challenge and have passed it on.

Flute playing priest finds YouTube fame