Alan, a fellow blogger from Thoughts on the Journey has invited me to post eight facts or habits about me that (I guess) people don't already know. Here are the rules:
"The rules are simple…Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog."
1. Fact: I am a Jesuit
2. Habit: When I'm at home in Cleveland, I go for bagels and coffee every morning.
3. Fact: I play and teach Irish music
4. Habit: I still put "A.M.D.G." (For the Greater Glory of God) on every paper I write...we were told to do so in high school (St. Ignatius) and its a habit I've maintained.
5. Fact: I love to cook. I want to write a cookbook for desserts called "Dessert Mysticism"
6. Habit: I buy more books than I can ever possibly read. I've gotten better at this as a Jesuit (I haven't the money to buy an excessive number of books) but it's still a struggle!
7. Fact: I had six wisdom teeth! Two on the bottom, four on the top.
8. Habit: On long car rides, I pray the rosary to stay awake.
I'm going to break the rules and invite anyone who would like to do so to pick up this challenge and write 8 things about him/herself.
Over the last few weeks, I've begun to notice a common refrain from my Hebrew Scripture and New Testament students. Very often, they wil...
Below, please find the third case study I wrote and used on my final exam for our junior-year morality course.
Teachers know well “the apple does not fall far from the tree.” The annual parent-teacher conference attests and affirm...