Tuesday, July 08, 2008

The Center of Mercy

I arrived on Sunday evening here at the Mercy Center in beautiful Burlingame, California. For the next month, I will be an intern in the Spiritual Direction program.

As this is only the second full day, I don't have TOO much to say. There are issues of confidentiality at play, so I cannot divulge the content of what is said nor do I feel it my place to speak much of my fellow interns. What I can do is write about my own interior movements as they come along. And, since I have wireless access from my bedroom, I suspect that I'll be able to do this without tremendous strain.

I'm off now to morning prayer and then our small-group discussion. There is a great deal of attention to group process and to allowing what is taught, shared, and experienced to 'settle into the marrow of one's bones'. I'm excited for what is in store for me over the next few weeks and I look forward to sharing parts of my own journey with all of you!

___________

In other news:

I'll be playing the Colorado United Irish Societies Feis this weekend in Denver. I leave Friday evening and get back late on Sunday night. It's another outdoor feis, so I suspect that I will return sunburned, dusty, and smelling like death. I hope my accordion doesn't mind my odor!

I have some pictures I took from my weekend at Ben Lomond, a villa house of the Santa Clara University community. If I get a chance tonight, I'll try to post those on here. They're already on my Facebook page, but I'll cross-post as soon as possible.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Paul Panaretos Jr. said...

have a great time learning about ignatian spiritual direction this month, ryan.

i stumbled on your blog, which is attractive. p@ul

Flute playing priest finds YouTube fame