Thursday, April 21, 2005

Quickie

I just wanted to post a quick "Thank You" to my penpal D. whose identity will remain rather anonymous as per D's request. Know that I do value receiving notes from you and, were I to have greater access to pen and paper (we've much parchment and vellum and I"m trying to make a writing surface out of peacock hide, but I've yet to find success in this endeavor) I would certainly respond in a written manner. Your cards certainly brighten my day when they arrive.

Know that my prayers, for whatever they are worth, are with you!

Cheers,

Ryan

**Hey, Mike E. - I saw the competitor list for the FLeadh. I'll expect you to attend the senior whistle competition and let me know how you'd think I"d have faired against the musicians. A number of them are from Detroit, so you'll be the judge of whether I still "got game" even while I live near 8-mile.**

***I'm posting my first recipe tonight, too***

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I will definitely look out for Mike and Brian because I have to sit through the 30 U12 tin whistles anyway because my kids are in it. (Please save me now!!)

I can't believe the fleadh is only 2 weeks. Scary. But out of the 10 people in tin whistle O18- the only person I know is Colleen Shanks from Detroit. You'd kill em'... haha!

And something else that might interest you... Jimmy Keane is playing piano accordian at the fleadh (and you might already know this if you looked at the competitor list). But the real question is, Why does this man want to play at the fleadh again after winning the All-Irelands 5 times... or possibly more after not competing it for so many years?

Anywho, hope all is well and hope to see you soon!
~Heather Lavin

Flute playing priest finds YouTube fame